ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services

844.805.1107
24-hour Emergency

ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services | News

Why So Many Lititz, PA Homeowners Need Mold Removal

July 2nd, 2019 · No Comments

Mold growth is possible just about everywhere in the average Lititz, PA home. This doesn’t necessarily mean you’re doing something wrong as a homeowner, unless you tend to let sinks overflow and leave humidifiers running in tight spaces. Generally speaking, mold is just a natural consequence of living anywhere with humidity, and sometimes, despite your best efforts, you’ll have to consider requesting professional mold removal services for your home. For the mold removal professionals at ServiceMaster Fire and Water Clean Up, dealing with unexpected house mold is all part of a regular workday.

 

Mold is one of the most common results of water damage because there aren’t many factors required in order for fungal spores to flourish. A bit of moisture and a porous surface is often all it needs to take hold, and after a few spores get comfortable, there are usually more to follow. Plus, since most homes don’t exist in a climate-controlled bubble, a lot of different rooms in your house are likely in danger of mold growth simply by the nature of their construction.

 

Because mold can grow anywhere where moisture is present, there are generally a handful of spots in a house that are higher water damage risks than others. Bathrooms, kitchens, and any other room with running water immediately become high-risk spots for mold because a small leak can open the door for spore growth. Even low-traffic areas like attics and basements can be susceptible thanks to accumulating humidity and flooding potential. Plus, any interior space with direct contact with the elements (garages and closed porches, for example) tend to have a higher chance of developing spore growth. You’ll notice this doesn’t leave many areas in the “low risk” category; this is why mold removal is such a vital home care process.

 

House mold isn’t just an eyesore; it can also be a health risk. Though it’s rare for minor house molds to be immediately deadly, any amount of spore inhalation can trigger allergy symptoms or exacerbate existing breathing conditions. If your family includes small children, elderly adults, or pets, they could also be at risk for exposure-related health complications over time. Mold removal is a process that safely takes the health risks out of the equation and restores your home to its natural, spore-free state.

 

If your Lititz, PA home has experience water damage or you’ve noticed mold growth anywhere in your home, contact the mold removal professionals at ServiceMaster Fire and Water Clean Up today at (717) 299-2261, or visit our website here.

Tags: Mold Removal ·


 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *